A lot of the scents I create for EKKO candles come from recipes that I love. As you can imagine there are always multiple candles burning in my home, and it is amazing to experience different scents combined from different rooms to create one wonderful aroma at large. Currently there are two candles whose combo I can't get enough of - Bourbon Barrel and Apple Harvest. These two candles sum up a southern autumn day to me. So today I wanted to share a Bourbon Apple Cider recipe to die for!
This recipe comes from tidymom.net
- Apple cider - 3 ounces
- Bourbon - 2 ounces
- Lemon juice - 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger beer or ginger ale - 2 ounces
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add cider, bourbon and lemon juice. Shake for 30 seconds and strain into ice-filled rocks glass.
- Top off with ginger ale or ginger beer.
- Garnish with apple slice, cinnamon stick and thyme sprig.
This cider is perfect for the in-between Nashville weather we have at this time of year. The combination of bourbon and apple is wonderful, whether through the burning of an EKKO candle or the taste of a drink.