Homemade Lavender Lemonade Recipe
Welcome back to EKKO Diaries!
When gathering feedback as to what you wanted to hear about, recipes was one of the top answers. So, I figured I would share one of my favorite summer drink recipes and how it was part of the inspiration for an EKKO scent!
I created the Lemon Lavender candle with a very specific purpose in mind. I wanted to created a scent equally as fresh as it was soothing. And so Lemon Lavender came to be! I often compare this scent to homemade lavender lemonade, which is a staple in my home in the warmer months. The recipe is easy and the outcome is delicious. So in case you were looking for a new summer drink, look no further.
- Small amount of freshly picked and rinsed lavender flowers or a tablespoon of dried lavender flowers (do not use florist flowers or any lavender sprayed with pesticides!)
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups of cold water
- In a medium bowl, mix together lavender flowers and sugar.
- Add two cups of boiling water into the bowl and stir until the sugar has melted. Cover and sit aside for 1 hour.
- Strain the lavender mixture into a pitcher. Add in lemon juice and cold water.
- Add in more sugar or lemon juice depending on your flavor preference.
And there you have it! Simple, refreshing, and so delicious.
If you haven't already...
Follow EKKO on Instagram
Like EKKO on Facebook
Shop EKKO Candles
Love and light,
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published