Inspired by the best-selling Red Currant EKKO candle, I wanted to share a recipe for Red Currant jam that is absolutely divine. This recipe comes from https://www.thespruceeats.com/ and I'm sure you will love it as much as I do! I suggest pairing this jam with a buttered piece of fresh sourdough bread and burning your EKKO Red Currant candle while you enjoy.
- 1 quart ripe red currants
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
1. Wash and remove currants from their stems
2. Add red currants and water into a large bowl and crush with a potato masher
3. Add in the sugar and cook over medium-low heat stirring to dissolve the sugar. When sugar is dissolved, turn to high heat and boil, stirring often, until mixture is gel-like.
4. Remove from heat and scrape and foam off of the top
5. Pour jam into jars leaving a little bit of room. Allow jars to cool and then refrigerate them.
Shop the Red Currant candle HERE.